19 May 2009

Ceremony Music

We have made our final selection, and sent our choices to the register office for approval. Having a civil ceremony means that we can't use any music with religious connotations, and it's been hard trying to find a selection that both works well together, as well as remaining neutral in regards to religion. So here are our final choices. I've added links to the music on You Tube in case you want to hear it:

Guests' Arrival
* Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
* Beethoven - Ode to Joy
* Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
* Vivaldi - Four Seasons, Spring
* Handel - Harp Concerto in B Flat

Bride's Entrance
* Pachelbel - Canon in D

Signing the Register
* Pachelbel - Canon in D
* Bach - Air on a G-String

Exit
* Craig Armstrong - PM's Love Theme

2 comments:

Bella said...

Hi Lara,

I noticed you were following our blog and I wanted to pop over and say hi! I've read your wedding planning so far and we've got a lot in common. I too wasn't someone that dreamt of getting married from a young age. The planning part was all a bit overwhelming. You look like you've got it all under control. I had the same entrance song as you, Pachelbel's Canon. It's beautiful. For signing the register we started with 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' version by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole. Good luck with it all!

Bella
TwinSpeak

Lara said...

I absolutely love his version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow; it's about the only version I will listen to!

Hubby thought it sounded sad though, so he already vetoed it. Hmmm...