19 May 2009

Photography

Photography was one of the things I wasn't happy to negotiate with. I wanted a good level of skill, but we couldn't afford to pay out for that sort of talent. In the end, my uncle offered to take the photos for us. My uncle has been doing photography as a hobby for about 40 years, and his work is amazing.

But then it occured to me that if he was behind the camera, he wouldn't be able to be in any of the family photos. I then asked my friend, Sasha, who studied photography with me in college, if she would help out too.

On top of that, we have a mutual friend that began studying photography a couple of years ago. He's photographed a few weddings too, and we like his style. He concentrates on reportage photography, opposed to more formal compositions.

The three of them have offered to do the photography for free, and because we will have three photographers, they will be able to capture the wedding day from three completely different angles. We are also lucky to have this, because it allows us both to have a photographer with us while we're getting ready, and my uncle can relax until the ceremony!



Another thought that occured to us is to take our cameras to the wedding, and offload them onto people that haven't brought their own. We can then take them back at the end of the day, download them onto the computer and have instant photos.

No comments: