19 May 2009

Bridesmaids' Dresses

We've chosen black for our bridesmaids dresses, since our colours are black, cream and red, but one of my bridesmaids doesn't suit red, and I didn't want them wearing cream. They're doing such an honour by being my bridesmaids, and the last thing I want to do is make them look anything less than beautiful, so if it doesn't compliment them; I'll find something that does.

But black is nice too, and although many people banish black from their weddings; it's becoming increasingly popular. It's sophisticated, smart and sexy too. I've promised them that they can change into something else in the afternoon anyway, so if they feel they look too boring or lacklustre, they can wear something more colourful after the ceremony.

We're hoping to find them something knee-length, or something slightly shorter. The style doesn't matter so much to me; I want them to be as comfortable and beautiful as possible. It's also going to be impossible getting them together, as one lives a few miles from me, but is really busy, and the other lives in Ireland and has a gruelling study schedule, so can't take time off to fly over, and with the honeymoon later this year, I can't spare the leave to fly over to her. I've therefore said I will give them money for a dress when they find one they like. so my bridesmaids won't look the same, but they're different girls and I love them each for very different reasons. I'm happy to celebrate their differences! I'm thinking they will look something like this:

No comments: