18 May 2009

Invitations

Figuring it was about time I got to grips with Adobe Photoshop, I designed our invitations myself at home. It took me a few hours to get it just right, and I uploaded my design to Vistaprint, and had 100 of them printed onto "Oversized Postcards". The design was very simple and straightforward; I just put a red border around one of our engagement photos, then had them printed.

Once printed, I purchased 90gsm vellum, which is similar to tracing paper you used at school. I bought the vellum from Craft Paper & Card on Ebay, and printed the invitation text onto it, ensuring I had time to press them under a heavy book for a day or so (as when printed on, vellum seems to react to the heat by curling).

Once the vellum was pressed, I used a regular hole punch and punched two holes at the top of both the postcards and the vellum sheet, fastening them together with a red ribbon, also purchased from Ebay. Voila!

No comments: